Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Filter modeler

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by eldave777, Jul 18, 2005.

1. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    I've been gassing for a good envelope filter and tried one of the FM4's out. I noticed a volume drop when using the pedal but I liked all the stuff it would do. Does anybody out there have one of these? I'm wondering if there are any other drawbacks or whatever.

2. JPrisus

JPrisus

Jun 8, 2005
    had one for a while, disliked it for bass... more suited for guitar in my humble opinion. Lost a lot of bottom, plus the volume drop, plus the lack of usefulness. Give me a lowpass filter, ring mod, and fuzz, and i'm set.

3. Most of the effects that I've used for bass that are designed for guitar lose the bottom and volume. Especially wahs and similar effects. I've heard good things about the Electro-Harmonix Dr. Q envelope filter. If you listen to Phish at all, Mike Gordon uses it quite a bit.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    There are some good EV filter's in it, nothing that really made me stand up and say WOW, but yeah some cool things, personally I prefer the MXR Bass Auto Q, Pigtronix EP-1 and the filter in the Robotalk.