Line 6 FM4 anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Nov 21, 2001.

1. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I tried the search and didn't really find much about anyone who owned one. Does anyone here own the Line 6 FM4 filter/synth modeler? How does it sound with a bass? I am considering it, mainly because I have never been 100% happy with my EH Bass Microsynth (the synth seems to really only have 1 sound) and I was curious how the FM4 compares? Does it track as well? I listened to the sound samples on line6 website, but they are all with guitar. Let me know if you have any info on this (especially if you have compared it to the EH Bass Microsynth) :cool:

2. There's a review in the December Bassplayer, but it's not online at this point. They gave it 5 stars for sounds (many great sounds, true bypass) and construction, but only 3 for ease of use (only 4 memory sets, easy to erase them).

The thing that stood out for me was that does not have an input gain control, so you have to adjust your bass volume to get the right sound out of the dynamic sensitive modules.
  3. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    It is a really good sounding pedal. All the filter models are right on the money. The synths sound a little dry and unrealistic to me but, hey. My active bass triggers the filters pretty aggressively, so you do have to adjust your volume accordingly. But, again the filters sound great, and you have a plethera of them at your disposal. The line 6 stompbox interface can be a little confusing at first but you will get used to it quickly. I give it an 8.