1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 G30 Relay

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ibanez Bassist, May 16, 2011.

1. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Has anybody had any problems with this Line 6 model (G30) using it for bass guitar.. Im looking at getting this one and wondered if anybody else had it..
    Thanks Scott

2. Chrishi87

Chrishi87

Aug 17, 2010
    Bremen
    No Problem, best "cheap" Wireless on the market.

The only Problem of the Line 6 is the clip for your strap. Tape ftw.

3. I have one, but have only had the opportunity to use it a few times. Works great, good sound from it too, and pretty good range.

4. I've had mine for about 20 gigs. Very reliable; I use high maH rechargeable batteries with it. Only issue for mine is the battery door is sometimes hard to close -- make sure it's fully closed before you start your set :)

5. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I've been using one for about a month (~8 gigs) and love it.

Stock up on AA batteries though... you'll get two, 4-hour shows out of a set, max.

6. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    WoW, OK sounds good.. Im going to grab the G30 then and hopefully I have the same good luck and results as you guys did..

7. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I would just add, this is the first time in 31 years of playing that I've entrusted my sound to wireless.

Sound quality has not suffered with the G30, and the payoff in mobility cannot be overstated... and even on-stage safety by doing away with cables (which in my 6-piece band playing on very small stages is no minor consideration). The belt clip issue is real... I clip the transmitter to my belt (not my strap), because I alternate between 2 basses during a show, each with their own strap. I have had the transmitter pop off my belt a couple of times and that's no fun.

Good luck, I think you will really like it.

8. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    This has just helped convince me to get one when my next pay-cheque comes through :)

9. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Seems kind of strange that If Line 6 has such an excellent product, why they dont take care of the clip issue, If there is one.. I have heard this before about the clip being a problem..

10. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

Oct 17, 2009
    Wickham, UK
    I am considering routing a channel in the back of the bass I am currently building to facilitate the transmitter :) Just to overcome the clip 'issues'

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  12. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
  13. oldmanp03

oldmanp03

Oct 7, 2010
    Spend a little extra and get the G50. Much better build quality.

14. Ibanez Bassist

Ibanez Bassist

Jan 30, 2010
    US of A
    Hey, Thanks for the info.. I didn't realize they had a specific pouch for that.. Im definitely getting that.. :hyper:

15. butchblack

butchblack Life is short. Do good. Find and do what you love.

Jan 25, 2007
    Waltham Massachusetts
    I have the older X95. If you want to clip it to your belt go to Sears. In their hardware dept they sell a cell phone case with a nice big belt loop strap for about $5 that my X95 fits into (snugly). Bring the G30 with you to make sure it fits.-

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Medium.