1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line 6 HD400, anyone familiar with this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Maquisbass, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Line 6 HD400, anyone familiar with this amp?

2. line6 has the manual here... http://line6.com/support/manuals/lowdownhd400

I do have the LD300 combo amp ... its my only amp. I'd be willing to bet that the Emulation and EQ are the same. If your questions revolve around that i can help out. It's been a solid reliable rig for almost a year.

Keep in mind that you have to get a foot controller to use the thing to it's full potential so factor that cost in. I don't have one and have got by with just using 4 presets until my band wanted to play "Cars- Moving in Stereo" ... im currently shopping for a used FBV Express.

I haven't seen much love for emulation on TalkBass... im sure someone will chime in with their opnion of "jack of all trades but master of none"...

PS the tracking for the Synth is kind of sketchy ... it works but you have to play clean notes for it to work right. If your technique is sloppy and your letting notes ring all over the place... your gonna think "man the synth sucks on this" ... other than that... it's really my only complaint.

3. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I had the HD750 for a while. Same amp but 750 watts @ 4 ohms. I guess they quit making it since it's not on their website any longer. It's got some nice features with all the built in effects and it could get a lot of different tones. With one of the Line 6 foot controllers it basically would eliminate the need for separate effects pedals. A lot of features at a good price. However, for me it was just too much. I rarely used any of the effects so I got rid of it in favor of something lighter.

4. Thanks for the info!

5. Played through one once at a Best Buy, cabinet was a Line6 LD410 IIRC. Had some cool presets in it, but I'm rapidly moving my way to smaller, lighter, just as awesome as the heavy stuff rigs so I really have no desire for it.

If you're willing to do the lifting I think it could be a very versatile rig. I'm currently using a BassPOD XT Live with Cassandra Syndrome, into a Crown power amp and a Yorkville cab. I'm not using a quarter of the unit's flexibility, so I believe that for a cover band scenario or someone who plays in bands with very different sound requirements the L6 stuff would fit the bill very nicely.

Peace,
    Greg

6. kingkeld

kingkeld

Sep 18, 2012
    Denmark
    I have the HD750, and two 410 cabs. To my ears, it sounds awesome. I play classic rock and 80's-90's style hard rock on it, and I get the tones I want and need. 750 watts and two cabs and you can play frickin' loud, which I need to keep up with our drummerboy.