1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 HX Stomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by been_effected, Oct 4, 2018.

1. lankycharlie

lankycharlie

Sep 11, 2009
    picked up my HX stomp the other day, takes some effort creating own patches, splitting frequencies etc.. but so far, loving it, not a single complaint, will hook it up to my board... eventually (no need to yet with lockdaaan)

tomorrow im going to experiment with the rick o sound on my rickenbacker 4003, both using the stomp as amp sim bi-amping, and using it to essentially bi-amp with one actual amp.

any advice, tips / tricks I can use ?

BrentSimons and MascisMan like this.
  2. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Yeah, the navigation will become second nature the more you use it. Soon you will be creating Presets in a snap.

EdO. likes this.
  3. If you’re going to use the rick-o-sound, use a y-split cable into both inputs of the stomp. Parallel path, pan A and B left and right, then put an amp model in each path and tweak it out.

BrentSimons and progenyvision like this.
  4. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

Anybody have much experience with the Del Sol 300 amp model? The stock preset is super dull and unimpressive to my ears. Don't have much knowledge or any experience with the amp it's based on so I'm unfamiliar with how one might go about dialing it in. I admittedly prefer a simple EQ control section so that may be my fault. Any suggestions for dialing it in?

Edit: so far after a bit of research and more experimenting it seems that boosting some, or all of the frequencies to +6db and above gets me in the ballpark of what I expected from this amp model.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Low Down Brown likes this.
  5. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    Disaster Area released new firmware 1.05a for the DMC Micro.

"-Added user-definable UTIL mode for 2 button foot switch
    -Added more MIDI options for MultiJack

Sure - you connect a two-button switch to the MultiJack, set the DIPs to ON-ON-ON and then you have two more programmable buttons. There are setup items that let you set the type, channel, number, high and low for each of those buttons."

If Line 6 grants access to more footswitches/functionality thru MIDI this will be really cool.

6. What do you mean? If you connect a midi controller like the mc6 to the stomp. And connect two 3-button aux switchers to the mc6, you get 12 footswitches.

7. Naigewron

Naigewron

Jan 5, 2018
    Norway
    I assume he wants them to turn up as Footswitch 6, 7, 8, etc in the GUI. The HX Stomp only has 5 assignable footswitch functions now - All other functions have to be MIDI commands.

8. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Does anyone know where I can find some good synth bass presets?

9. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    I don't know anything about the capabilities of the MC6.

Pretty much this.

10. Play with the Autofilter. I've built a couple of decently passible synth sounds just using that effect alone.

11. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    I haven’t really had a use for a synth bass; so, not from me personally.
    But, check this post over at TGP.

The OP is a professional musician in the Nashville area, if I’m not mistaken.
    He shares some other pretty nice presets in the rest of the thread, too.

GitmoMango and MascisMan like this.
  12. What kind of synth sounds are you looking for? Before I got the C4 I liked the results I got using the Legacy Synth-o-matic or the Attack Synth. I'm going by memory here since I'm away from my board, but Synthomatic voice 2 with the Freq at 1% -1 octave is a huge sub synth sound. Put that in Path B parallel to your dirty synth in path A.

In Path A I liked using any of the synthomatic or Attack synth voices with expression assigned to frequency, then feed that into something gnarly like the vermin distortion, then courtesan flanger, then combine A+B and feed both into the Bleat Chop Tremolo. Got yourself some instant Dubstep.

chupacerveza likes this.
  13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    uh, SA Preset feed for C4, FI community library ?

14. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Im confused. Is this something for the HxStomp? What is the FI community library?

jasonmitsch likes this.
  15. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Nope. But of ya want real synth from an Hx, best of having a good synth in the efx loop. That dwarfs what is on board in the Stomp. FI - Future Impact...

MascisMan likes this.
  16. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    to be clear. I like the HX a lot. this morning I was playing with the LA Studio comp into the Woody Blue amp sim through a set of AKG 240's. No tweaks just drop them in the chain and go. Lull P5 and Ti Flats... Reminded me a bit of what I got from a really good comp and a U5. Which considering the cost says a lot for the HX.

The synths are just not up to par. Most everything else I have used is in the good to better category.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021 at 3:05 PM
    MascisMan likes this.
  17. Diegombass

Diegombass

Sep 19, 2012
    Spain
    Bass Octaver --> clawthorn fuzz --> autofilter --> chorus 70.
    I like this comb for classic bass synth

MascisMan likes this.
  18. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Did you ever do so?

I see that you're running a PDR in front of your HX Stomp. I am, as well. That's one thing I haven't been able to get inside the box. Close, but no cigar.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021 at 4:40 PM
    MascisMan likes this.
  19. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    So I have had a few updates to the board since this post. I believe I still have the previous .hlx file though. Let me find it. I'm still using the Stomp, just that my current .hlx chain is now different than the previous one.

I agree, the compressors just aren't where I would like them to be. Its no problem to use an external unit though since I generally run compressor at the beginning of the chain anyway. So it fits pretty naturally in to the Stomp chain.

Low Down Brown likes this.
  20. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    I'm close to the PDR with the Kinky Comp response-wise. Not flavor-wise, though.

I've got the Rochester Comp dialed in for a really nice, transparent, "can't tell it's working unless you turn it off", makes-everything-sound-more-professional compressor.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021