1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 HX Stomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by been_effected, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Thanks all!! The Dunlop minibus slightly too big, have been thinking about the DOD but the reviews are so iffy. I was thinking about an AMT one.

2. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I really wish Mission made a mini one. There is no pedal on the market that also has a toe switch that *isn't* related to the pedal. The Mission Line6 pedal is perfect--you can plug it in with a TRS and get FS5 and EXP1 all in one case, which would be a perfect pairing for the Stomp. But, it's a full-sized pedal.

chupacerveza likes this.
  3. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Valeton EP-2

chupacerveza and Jonny_Orange like this.
  4. ellipsis

ellipsis Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    FYI, Line 6 is discounting software 30% through July 14. Coupon code SUMMER30. I just picked up Helix Native for $59.99.

chupacerveza and zoonose like this.
  5. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    That is a really good deal!

Please refresh me. What does Helix Native give over Hx Edit. Is it a full-featured DAW?

6. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    It's a fully featured Helix inside your computer. It does the same thing as your Stomp, but using your computer to process your bass and without the 6-block limit. I think it can also act as a plug-in to your DAW so you can treat it like a giant 3rd party effects unit for anything you've recorded.

$60 is the cheapest I've ever seen it. I'll probably pick it up this weekend.

chupacerveza and MascisMan like this.
  7. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Cool!

8. Diegombass

Diegombass

Sep 19, 2012
    Spain
    It is a plug-in for your DAW, it doesn't work as a stand alone software

9. SirMoak

SirMoak

Jan 6, 2017
    Yes, but you can use it with any VST host software. Since my HX stuff is usually at the rehearsal space I use the free version of Cantabile to run it when I practice at home.
    Also, since I'm doing the mixing of our band's recordings, I tend to create my presets in Native in the actual mix, so I know for sure that anything that gets transferred to my HX Effects or HX Stomp will work in the band as well.

I think it's not a necessity if you have the Stomp as you can use it as a soundcard and basically do the whole thing with that. Unless you want to go over the 6 block limit...

10. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I see it as a way to tinker with the full Helix capabilities. It's also nice from a re-amping standpoint for recording. The six blocks might be fine for your live rig, but you can use lots more blocks or build entire dual-rig setups a la Muse in your home studio.

11. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Had a few Stomp (and full Helix) users on this side of the pond reporting that their pedals have died mid gig (one got his replaced under warranty). Also comments around the pedal getting hot before cutting out.

Any similar experiences from other TB Stomp (or full Helix) owners, or were these just isolated one offs?

12. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I haven't experienced any shutdowns at all with my Stomp. It does get warm, but it has never been extremely hot. I have always played with indoors though and never outside.

CharlieC and Al Krow like this.
  13. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    The first gig I used the stomp for I had an issue where my stomp rebooted mid song but it turned out that the outlets supplied by the production company were having issues and the other guitar player had problems with their pedals as well. Other than that mine performed flawlessly.

chupacerveza, CharlieC and Al Krow like this.
  14. chupacerveza

chupacerveza

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Mission Engineering is having a B-stock sale, they’re out of the TT-2 pedal but still have a couple of expression pedals available.

15. DenisLM

DenisLM

Mar 12, 2009
    Maple Valley, WA
    I found out HotOne is a good option for very small expression pedal.
    Also I'm improvising with the HX-Stomp on the rack and only the MC6 on the floor, powered by MIDI phantom power. Nice and easy to carry around. Using with cabs or IEMs (or both)

Next step may be an upgrade to the Helix Rack. but for now the HX-Stomp is doing a good job.

AC46E38B-9279-4E17-9E54-14F05A9C14F3.

16. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    If anyone is interested, this guy Jon Willis created a website for all of his presets. His Facebook page is amazing too.
    They are really great presets. Some for dual output basses and single output versions as well.
    http://drtonelab.com/

zoonose, bjelkeman, Al Krow and 6 others like this.
  17. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Awesome rig!

DenisLM likes this.
  18. voodoobassist

voodoobassist Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    Some nice presets there,...thanks!

19. been_effected

been_effected

Mar 18, 2007
    That's an awesome rig. Great pedalboard too!

DenisLM likes this.
  20. RadioactiveGuy4

RadioactiveGuy4 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    So an old band of mine contacted me and asked me to fill for their current bassist at show in two weeks. I don't have anything planned that night so I said yes. After I agreed to do the show I remembered that they tune to D standard with a few songs in drop C. I do have a bass set up for lower tuning but I don't care for the sound of that it and I much prefer my other basses. I was going to just suck it up and play the bass with the lacking tone for one show but then I realized that the Stomp has a pretty good pitch change effect...

I set up a patch for detuning and did not say anything to the rest of the band about it to see if its good enough to pass off. My bet was that they won't be able to tell...

I was right. They thought everything thing sounded great. I told them after rehearsal that my bass was still in standard and they were surprised.

I wish that the pitch effect was polyphonic but it did it’s job.