1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line 6 Low Down 300 watt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FL Knifemaker, Apr 28, 2006.

1. I'm loving my LD300 Pro. I've had it for about 2 weeks and I'm just starting to play around with the synth controls. So far, I'm totally impressed. IMHO after trying NUMEROUS amps, I find Line 6 fantastic for practice and home use. The onboard effects to be damn good. Next is a foot control :)

Anyone else own or plan on purchasing one of LowDown series??

2. There are a few small reviews floating around on TB. It seems that a few have snubbed their nose at it, but it fits the bill for my needs . Hopefully I should have mine in the next week.

Try a general search for "Lowdown" or "Line 6".

3. Good news. I purchasing one from AMS, I'm just waiting for them to get more in. Are you using the shortboard control?

4. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yeah... the singer & guitar player/singer guys in my band... I guess I gotta call them 'da leaders... they, well more specifically the guitar guy, have suggested I get a combo amp for the smaller venues we play. I've been lugging along my Eden D410XLT and Ashdown ABM500-RC to these spots... and that rig sounds great..., but little guitar guy would 'prefer' I have a combo for these gigs... most of them are restaurant/bar types. As far as the larger venues are concerned, my DB750 and NV215/NV425 seem to be well appreciated by all...:eek:

Neither guy is being demanding... not at all..., and I'm confident that I can simply ignore this 'request' of theirs, but the thought of a combo, and this Line 6 Low Down 300 in particular, does have me intrigued. So, I hope this thread gets some more posts, as I will be watching it...

5. I just got one yesterday, and I've been playing around with it all day today. I love it. It's whicked loud and has so many settings to play around with. I'm happy with it so far. It is my first legit amp though, I've gone from my 8-inch 30 watt to this.

The only problem I can foresee is that you cant add extension speakers or your own pedals and effects. But the amp's plenty loud and comes with enough effects to keep me satisfied for now.

/been wandering around the forums for a while, first post!

6. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    I think im gonna buy one(but the 1x12 150 watt version) im never happy with my tone, so atleast now i can use a while before i notice that i dont like the sound :p