1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 Low Down Studio 110

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by YCBass, Aug 31, 2008.

1. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Just sharing my experience with this little monster at GC today... Eversince I saw one in an ad I've been curious. My main rig (Aguilar DB750/DB212) is not a "big rig" but it's pretty massive and can handle as big a venue as I can imagine playing anytime soon, with that said it will be overkill for a small venue. Even if I turned the volume down accordingly, the hassle of bringing it to play at a low level is just not worth it - and no fun. :D

Anyway, I put in a fair amount of time with this little amp today and I must say I was impressed... I am not too techy in terms of describing tone so I won't even try, of course it's nothing like my Aguilar but I think it would be a cool amp to have - for coffee shops, jazz bars and small restaurants, etc. I think it's my next combo.

Anyone here using this on a regular basis? How's it holding up? What's the biggest/loudest situation you use it for?

Any other similarly sized/priced combos out there?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    While I agree with you that bringing a large amp to a coffeeshop gig is no fun, I don't think I'd do one with the 110. The speaker in it farts out easily, and I don't think it's got enough clean power handling to do a coffeeshop gig. A 112 would only be slightly bigger and have more oomph.

3. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I agree. I bought one once from MFriend. Played it a week and sent it back. Its a practice amp.

4. jbo

jbo

May 2, 2007
    Wichita, KS
    I used it for a jazz gig out on the terrace at a local restaurant not to long ago as well as an outdoor gig with a jazz combo (sax, guitar, drums) and it sounded great! So in my experience, it works great for small venues and coffee shop-esque gigs, but it would depend on what size of group you play with. It's also a really nice practice amp!!

nicechuckh likes this.