Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Low Down

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_drum, Feb 6, 2006.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Has anyone checked out the line 6 lowdown bass amps? I was concidering buying a head and cab but a 300 watt combo witht hat many features doesnt sound to bad at all either...:hyper:

2. THese have been discussed a little bit, but I think everyone is waiting on the weights to be listed. These do look like they could be great combos, and hellacool practice amps... but, for me -- it will depend on how heavy these things are.

3. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Yes and in a lot of cases, 300 watts would be more the sufficient wattage for the basic gig, although I am worried that 300 watts only coming out of 1 15 inch speaker and a horn might not be loud enough, I guess I will jsut have to wait and see.

Any idea when these things are coming out?

4. http://www.vettaville.nl/vvlatestnewsnl.htm

That is a very good resource for Line 6 information. Hans runs that site & often produces Line 6 news even before the message boards know it. Hans is VERY, VERY quick with information. When they are getting ready to ship -- he will know.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I cant judge, because I haven't heard one, BUT, if they sound like the Line 6 guitar amps, they will sound like 8 different varieties of classical ASS.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i have yet to play anything by line6 that makes me GAS. and yes, i've played 'em all.

7. Helstar

Helstar

Nov 26, 2005
    I heard them on teh Line 6 page I am getting teh 175 watt 12" for practice and small coffe house gigs I can't wait

8. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I do suspect that the 12" not having a tweeter will be a mistake.

And judging by the handles on the other models, they look heavy - I hope not.

Line 6 makes some great sounding devices.

9. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Our singer uses a line six spider. I dont really like the sound of it all that much. I can't imagine their bass stuff would do much for me either.

10. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I'll wait until there's a head-plus-cabs option - a combo just won't cut it for me anymore. But I do like Line6's stuff - I guess the head will come if the combos do well.

11. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Yeah. For me I think 300 watts will be fine (sence I'm only 13 and gigs are just starting to come now).

12. YES!!!! My sound is here!

Mike

13. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I can't wait to try one. I have plenty of gear so I don't see myself buying one... but I would love to try one.

Unlike many others I don't hate on the Line 6. I have a Bass Pod XT for recording and I love it.

14. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Here are the weight and dimensions of the Low Down Bass Amps:
    LD150: 52lbs = 23.6Kg
    LD175: 70lbs = 31.8Kg
    LD300: 74lbs = 33.6Kg

LD300 and LD175
    26.4" tall x 20.75" wide x 15.2" deep

LD150
    20.75" tall x 17.30" wide x 16.75" deep

15. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Oh come on now. Be fair. The Brit models sound like vintage ASS, and the California ones sound like modern ASS.

Who buys these things?

16. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    Anybody know how they are?

17. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have a Bass POD and a guitar POD, and I like them both. So I guess the answer to your question is "me".

18. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I heard from Sweetwater that they plan on having the Lowdowns around April 7th. I've bought a lot of gear from Mac Hatton (one of the reps), and he said he would A/B it against the Roland Cube 100 and let me know the details.....more to come :hyper: