1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 LowDown Studio 110 meets 5 string bass an octave down pedal ?

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by Inconnu, Nov 10, 2010.

1. I mainly play a 5 string bass (low B) and occasionally use an octave down pedal when playing high notes. Would the Studio 110's speaker survive such a use ?

2. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I play active 5 strings thru it all the time. The built in synth works similar to a octave pedal with a lot of abuse to the speaker and ther 110 works really well. I was initially skeptical about this amp and brought it primarily because it was small and reasonably priced. I took it to a few practices and then figured I could take it to a gig with the DI. It is not a toy despite it's size

3. I noticed it wasn't a toy despite it's size... and price. Are you keeping up with a drummer in a practice ? I'm hesitating between a Studio 110 and a LD150. I love the punch of the 110, but wonder if it's loud enough...

4. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm keeping up with a drummer without a problem. The big selling point to me was the DI and size. I think the LD150 would be louder and could do a better job in a louder setting.

I purchased mine for private practice and recording and it is perfect for what I needed. Sounds like the LD150 may be a better fit for you and you get a tuner