1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LINE 6 LowDown Studio 1x10" Bass Combo Amplifier

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by de la mocha, Jun 13, 2007.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    [​IMG]

This little baby kicks butt! Well, at least at Sam Ash. It's very loud for a tiny 1x10 and it's designed to be a good practice amp, studio amp and it even has XLR out to hook up to a P.A.

Does anyone have this amp? I wonder how it would hold up in church with P.A. support against a loud drummer and keyboard player.

2. Emprov

Emprov

Mar 19, 2003
    If you're using it as a monitor, it's probably work out pretty nicely. There was a review of these things in Bass Player, IIRC it was last month's issue. You may want to check it out.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I really liked the floor model at the local GC. Was tiny, loud, and retained a lot of bass even when cranked.

While the GC floor model didn't put out any hiss or crackle that I could detect, I'm still wary about Line 6's quality control. Go to Line 6's forum and you'll see a lot of complaints about the unit crackling, hissing or buzzing.

4. Wingviper

Wingviper

Aug 3, 2006
    I liked its big brother the low down so much I got one, the amp does kick butt, I am using mine at church. Its amp model tones are great and all with a push of a pre-programed button.

5. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    This amp seemed to be good not just as a practice/studio amp, but I think you may get away with gigging a small venue with this with P.A. support.

6. macmrkt

macmrkt Inactive

Dec 4, 2002
    I had one. It's best for a 4 string bass - it has trouble on the low 'B' at anything but low practice volumes. You might be OK for a larger room, depending on the group volume. PA will certainly help. Be sure you can return it if it doesn't work out.

7. zadillo

zadillo

Nov 20, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    I had one of these briefly. I liked it a lot, but the only problem I had with it was very bad noise when using headphones, which was a dealbreaker for me. I contacted Line6 support and they were responsive, but didn't have a fix for it at the time.

Line6 had said they were working on a fix for it though, so I would assume current LowDown 110's would be fixed by now........ anyone have one that could verify?

8. Phantasm

Phantasm I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Sep 16, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I've got one and I like it a lot. Most of the "hate" for them is because some of the first wave had some sort of issue with static in the headphones, but that's been fixed.

Honestly, mine might have the problem... I just never use the headphones so I'll never know!

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I tried this guy out but the only sound I really liked was the synth.

I DID buy the Spider 3 15 guitar amp though, and LOVE it.

10. I tested this amp for a few days. I loved the tones, especially the "rock" setting. I like that it's a sealed cabinet. Brought it to band practice and it couldn't compete against a light drummer, and 2 moderately loud guitar players. I plugged into the pa and it sounded great. I may eventually pick one up.

11. zadillo

zadillo

Nov 20, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    That's cool, glad to know that's been fixed in newer models. I never hated it, just couldn't keep it since I did need the headphone jack to work.

I've got a Backline 112 now, but next time I might need another amp I'll definitely look at the LowDown Studio 110.

12. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Yeah, that's definitely something to be concerned about, though to be honest, I haven't yet come across a 1 X 10" cab or combo that could handle a B string at gigging volume. I used to fear for my Eden CX110 whenever I hit anything below E.

I will say that the Line 6 combo sounded better and louder than my old GK MB150E, whose tone I never liked, even at low volume. Given that the Line 6 is roughly the same size and weight as the GK MB150E (and its usable volume is comparable), I'm surprised this amp isn't more popular.

13. macmrkt

macmrkt Inactive

Dec 4, 2002
    The Markbass Mini CMD121P combo can handle low 'B' at gigging volume, but its a 1x12. My new favorite micro rig is the Phil Jones Bass Flightcase. It can handle small gigs and the low 'B' - but its tiny and has incredible tone. Both these options cost a lot more than the Line 6 unfortunately...

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021