Line-6 M13 blender question! I still want some wet!?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hollarus, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Hollarus

Hollarus

Oct 4, 2017
    Hi,

I have recently acquired a line 6 M13. It's great and saving me a ton of wedge not buying individual pedals (for the moment). One thing I want to do is blend the OD/Dist/Fuzz signals with my dry signal so i'm getting Boss LS-2 in the next couple of days so i can stick the M13 in a in on the loops and blend. This however causes me an issue with the effects I would want to run fully wet (synth patches/filters etc).

Current signal: Bass > M13 > Laney RB9 (which has a series effect loop)
    Best guess proposed loop: Bass > LS-2 (a+b mix setting) >M13 (in one LS-2 loop) > LS-2> Amp

My question: Is there a clever way i could link these 2 units using the M13 effects loop and/or my amp effects loop to isolate the just one(more more) bank of effects to be blended with the rest wet? I want the flexibility but without having to change cables between songs.

Caveat: I'm new to all this multi effect wizardry, so be gentle.

Amp circuit in attached image below.

Thanks for your help

Cheers

R laney circuit.PNG

2. Jebberz

Jebberz Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    I had the same concern as you (I use an M5 blended with the help of the LS/2).

I found out that blended synth and blended filter sounds better than their full effect counterparts, so you might want to try it before going a more complex effect chain. It could work for you too.

bassbrad and Hollarus like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021