1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 m13 for bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Willmar, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Willmar

Willmar

Dec 19, 2018
    Im planning to buy line 6 m13 for my bass is there any problem if im going to use it for my bass guitar even though it was for guitar effects?

2. Jebberz

Jebberz Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    I've used the M5 for many years, no problem here, most effects will do the job on bass. I plan to buy an M9 or maybe an HX Effects. Chorus is good, delays are excellent, pitch shift and octaver are decent, auto whah is good too. Cannot tell about the drives, since I used a separate pedal for drive.

3. The M-series stuff is excellent in bass except, in my opinion, most of the drive models as unfortunately there are no bass options. Many do have a 3 band EQ though which helps.

I really loved everything else though and adding an expression pedal steps up the game massively as you can have different settings at heel and toe (ie any of the parameters can be programmed to change between two user-set values).

4. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    If you want something fun to write and record with at home, and you get a really good deal, then I can recommend the M13. But if you want to gig with it, or even for the aforementioned use, if you can swing the dollars, GET THE HX EFFECTS. vastly superior in every way.

Jebberz likes this.