1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 M9 is out! And I've got one.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chronicle, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    What a surprise when I had my accessories guys call me over. 2 Line 6 M9's in our boxes of new goodies. I took it right out of the box and started playing with it. It has all the same sounds of the m13 but with less buttons pretty much. It's easy to use and I always loved the color of the lights.

It's priced at 400$...which is a little much if you ask me since the m13 is 500$ but when you think about it in a business sense, I see why they priced it a bit high.

It'll be replacing my joke of a guitar pedalboard, but i'll make some bass samples for everyone.

2. Yodhan

Yodhan

Dec 10, 2007
    I was thinking of getting one to experiment with. I work at GC as well, so I can get one. I agree with the price being a little steep, but it is still cool.

3. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Just curious, did you guys get one yet? It seems the Eastern stores got them first. We don't have a price for it ready in our computer either but I was able to buy one...hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag yet or something :smug:

4. They are listed in stock on the website from a few of the NY Metro stores.

5. We didn't get them in Lancaster, PA yet.

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I'll never understand why people buy Line 6 gear.

OK so I haven't tried the M13, but their pods and effect modelling boxes and tonecore pedals just aren't built for live abuse at all.

The DL4 I can appreciate is probably worth having if you use delay a lot, but I've never come across one that wasn't broken.

7. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    i finally made a road proof dl4 out of 3 different trashed ones... picked the best body, board, and switches, and then superglued the switches before tightening the nuts so they will never go anywhere. it is now used by abe seiferth of phonograph/elliptical ferns.

it was one of my delays and two of his.

and he just bought the m9, so maybe i'll take the dl4 of doom back.

john

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    That's... That's just what I'm talking about (all this Terms of Endearment ****, I'm outta here)

Kudos for anyone who knows the lyric. :)

9. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I, too, am not a big fan of the pods. Their 4 series of pedals are great though like the DL-4, etc. The M series is pretty much all the 4 series pedals...without the faulty switches :D

10. I fixed my broken DL4 with some momentary switches from smallbear. Makes a big difference and I've had no problems since. I got to play around with an M13 the other day and it was pretty sweet!

11. sevenorchids

sevenorchids Supporting Member

The M13 is built well. It's great for live use. You should really check it out before you make comments like that.

I never understand why people make comments about gear that they haven't tried. :)

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I think I've done more gigs with my M13 than you've done in your entire life, it is perfectly roadworthy ;)

13. Wait, you guys actually alter the pure signal coming out of the bass? :eek:

;)

14. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Congratulations on packing 500+ gigs into the last six months. :p ;)

15. Was out at a GC today, and had a 10% off coupon and picked one up. Took them a while to ring me up, first they wanted to charge me $599, then $499, finally I convinced them it was $399.

Adam

16. that's because you haven't tried the M13...

17. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Adam, just come to my store next time ;)...For some reason when we got our M9's in, it was only listed at LIST price...very confusing why but LIST is 559$...but we all know it's for 399$.

18. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I'm also not in the habit of buying into Talkbass hype.

I'm from Yorkshire, I'm too tight. And anyway if I bought every pedal that someone on here rated uber alles (and then sold two weeks later) I'd be in a hole about the size of my annual salary.

19. Ha, yes I should have. I was only out as far as Carle Place today ;)

20. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Commack is better ;)