1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 M9 Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dthomp1231, Nov 7, 2010.

1. dthomp1231

dthomp1231

Mar 13, 2009
    Hey guys, so I have an m9, and i thought that you could control the tempo of the effects with the expression pedal. I noticed that when i do this, it only lets me do it with the bar setting rather than the note setting. For example when I turn the knob all the way to the right, and put it in the note time setting, I can jump from quarter note to half note, etc. Any one know anything about this? Using the bar is in accurate and doesnt follow the tap tempo

2. You can control with the note value setting, but it isn't a smooth jump. IIRC it just makes a sudden (and awkward) change as you slide through the different note values.

This is my memory. I don't have it set up now to test it.

3. dthomp1231

dthomp1231

Mar 13, 2009
    i've tried to control the note value setting with the expression pedal and it doesnt jump the notes at all

4. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    My experience is that you can sweep rate with an expression but ONLY when it is specifically NOT set to a note division. Sucks big fat monkey butt! Discovered that the first day and it was a huge let down. :) The work around is to use two effects set to different divisions, one in the A one in the B and toggle between them with the foot switches. Of course, you can't do that AND use the expression at the same time.

Note that the BOSS multieffects can assign the expression(s) to anything, including sweeping beat divisions for effects.