Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Apr 10, 2001.

1. the Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler Pedal, is it a bass or guitar or both pedal? and is it good for bass? Do you guys like the sound of it? Thanks
  2. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have an MM4 and a DL4 (delay modeler). Both work fine with bass, even though they were designed for guitarists. Both are designed to go before the amp (not in a loop; they take instrument level inputs), but the input impedences are high enough to not (terribly) compromise the tone of a bass. Like any modulation device, cranking the effect can "thin" your tone a bit, but the MM4 is really useful and musical. The choruses are sweet and smooth, flanges can be intense or subtle, and the phasers are just downright funky (yea, that "LOve Of Money" sound is in there...)
    Trems and Vibratos, tho designed with guitars in mind, really shine on bass, especially fretless. The whole unit is very quiet, also....and has true bypass. Much better than stringing a bunch 'o boxes together. I have even replaced my venerable TC chorus/flanger pedal with the MM4.
    A lot of bang for the buck....check it out, it's worth it.
  3. alright, thanks max, i can't wait to try one out