1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 POD HD300

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kosko, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Any notice this thing?

[​IMG]

It looks like the M series with an expression pedal and amp modelling. It looks awesome, I'd love to hear some reviews.

:cool:

2. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Wow, there seems to be no interest in this thing. Its just surprising with all the M9 and M13 owners around here.

I'll say it looks to big for my tastes, but it is a whole pedal board in one unit; like a M13 with the expression pedal built right in.

3. mysteryclock

mysteryclock Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    I'm keeping my eye on the HD stuff. From what I understand there are no bass models currently available in the software (all g**tar) so that probably explains the collective meh around here. Since they integrated the Guitar and Bass Pods into the X3 line I have to assume that at some point they'll update the HD line with bass-specific items, unless they just want to write us off as a group...

4. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    I have an M13 and have tested an HD500. My verdict: I'm not getting one any time soon.
    The beauty of the M13, to me, is its on-the-fly editing capabilities. With the HD500, you have to go through menus to adjust a parameter.

5. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Oh really? That sounds like a major step back in functionality. :eyebrow:

6. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    It's a brilliant marketing tactic! Check out Line 6 forums. Because of the HD's lack of on-the-fly editing capabilities, many people actually bought the HD while still keeping their M.

IIRC, I had to press buttons 3 or 4 times before actually adjusting a chorus mix or a compressor level. I thought, "I must be missing something." I downloaded the manuals and realized that I was not missing anything.

7. I'm expecting a large number of products based on this architecture in the near future.

I'm hoping for a Bass PocketPOD HD with DI.

8. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I'd LOVE to try one.

9. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Been using Line 6 since 2006 and my brother(guitarist) has been using their stuff since their founding. He is currently on the Vetta series and has used/worked with XTLive & X3. He tried an HD recently and said(what I found with all Line 6 stuff) the QUALITY of the audio is incredible but the initial(untweaked) models leave a lot to be desired.

It would be nice if the HD added bass models BUT if I try one and can tweak the guitar amps(i.e. tube preamp models) to work for bass, one may end up here.

10. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    Line 6 would need to add 4 or 5 dedicate effect control knobs like the M series and a few bass amp and cab models. That would be the next gen HD XT or XHD series.

11. tdawgg

tdawgg

Jan 8, 2003
    SF bay area
    I bought the HD300, being a "closet guitarist" ( seems I actually play guitar more then bass these days). I do alot of recording with PT LE, and I have been using the Eleven plug-in, which IMHO, sounds way better then the POD Farm 2 plug in...the HD300 is in a whole new arena. The amp models are amazing. I typically record guitar by mic'ing my Mesa Studio 22, when ever possible, but this thing makes that un nesscesary. It's that good. The high-gain stuff needs alot of "tweaking", but the crunch and clean and botique settings are nails. I hope they do the same thing for bass amps, because they nailed it with this one.

12. mysteryclock

mysteryclock Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Dang, I was about to start assembling an analog pedalboard but now you're making me think I should hold off a bit until after the next NAMM in January to see what might be coming....a HD Pro rackmount with bass models would save me a lot of wiring.

13. James_E

James_E

Jan 26, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I have an HD500, playing bass through it to a QSC K12 speaker at home.

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208943/

That patch is what I use, I uploaded it. It's based on settings I found in Line 6 forum.

Noise-gate(to kill Marcus Miller jazz bass noise) -> Tube comp -> Hiwat model/hiwat 4x12 cab -> post eq

EQ is key. It sounds pretty good. Haven't tried recording anything with it. Maybe I'll get sound clips up at some point.

14. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I'll consider one when they release the eventual bass model pack.

15. James_E

James_E

Jan 26, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Quick and dirty clip. This was using USB direc out of the POD HD500, with a patch I tweaked to sound good on the QSCK12. (I did not try to tweak this for recording it.) Sounds much better out the line output of the back of the POD into the QSC K12 speaker.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=366169

There's a few songs from a band I was in in 1996 as well.