Line 6 POD pro multi effect with ampeg B2-RE?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Johnny Rizo, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Johnny Rizo

Johnny Rizo

Sep 26, 2016
    Johnny rizo
    I wanna get more clarity, equals note sound and a couple effects with my set up i currently got, which is just the Ampeg head but i got a Furman power conditioner so i got room for more. Could me adding the Line 6 give me any of the above(found one for cheap)? Is it a good idea to mix the 2?
    Bass set up: Conklin GT-7 with Bartolini pick ups. I dont use any pedals.

Any help, tips or advice or even suggestions woulb greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Johnny

Attached Files:

2. Hi there,
    Sure will!
    Just hook the "model out" to your effects loop return of your amp. This will bypass the preamp of your Ampeg and essentially turns it into a power amp. Then you can use all of the amp models and effects of the Pod. If you pick up a midi interface to hook to your computer that will make editing paches on the Pod easier. Quite a few of the Pods functions have a secondary or hidden function.
    Take care,
    Brent

3. Johnny Rizo

Johnny Rizo

Sep 26, 2016
    Johnny rizo
    Sick!! That makes sense thanks bro. Ive been playin for a while but never really got into effects and add ons. I joined a band that are gear freaks so they got me into it. haha
    Thanks again, Johnny

4. There are some good effects on the Pod. Some are better than others but the MIDI interface will give you additional virtual "knobs" for more tweaking. Plus there is a crossover that allows you to have effects just on the high end so you don't lose the bottom. I really liked the drives on it. The Hogs Foot was one of my favorites. I switched over to the Bass Pod XT many years ago but the original Bass Pod still does well in my opinion. The Ampeg SVT and GK 800RB sims are great.
    Take care,
    Brent

5. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    I have a rack-mounted XT Pro. I rarely use it, more of a plaything. The reason I don't use it is because I prefer a clean tone. I've never been a pedal guy. However, I do find this unit to be rather impressive. Initially, there is a rather steep learning curve. Be sure to read the manual. I'm teaching it to my dad, for him to use on guitar.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021