Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Pod XT Live

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Oct 27, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Having only just realising that this is a Guitar Multi Effects unit and not a midi controller for the Pod. I was wondering if any one had tried it. I was wondering how well it would work on bass or do we think there is going to be a bass version coming out around the same time as the Varibass?

It has effect's like the mutron in I thought it might be quite a good system all in all, but again like most guitar based multi effects its probably a tone sucker and just full of distortions.

So any one tried one?

2. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Basically, It's the Pod XT on the floor in one unit. The features are the same.

As for the bass version, give Line 6 a couple of months. Whenever they release a new guitar unit, the bass unit is right behind it. As a long time Bass Pod owner myself, I'm looking forward to this one.

3. It's gotten high marks on the guitar discussion boards. The rival is the Vox Tonelab SE. A bass version of the POD XT Live would be wild for those into bass effects and different amps/cabs.

4. mlunsford

mlunsford Guest

May 24, 2004
    Guymon, Okla.
    Hi,

mlunsford here, I use a pod xt for my guitar work in the studio recording on my aw4416 and it works great. Am considering getting the bass model. Does it have different bass sny sounds? I heard you can set it to sound like your playing with fingers while you use a pick.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

mlunsford