Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line 6 Pod XT

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Swifty, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Swifty

Swifty

Mar 25, 2005
    Is it just me or is the handbook to the POD XT difficult to understand ? Anybody got a dummies guide ? PLus some of the presets appear a bit "naff".Any comments appreciated. :crying:

2. is there anything you need translated?
    i am sure that there are enough people on TB with a podXT that would be glad to answer your questions if you ask them.

3. The Line 6 manuals are some of the most dumbed-down manuals out there, I'm sorry to say. They are worded in language that's easy to understand and they forego gobbledygook techno-speak for phrases like, "Plug your cord in here, turn up the volume, and you're rockin!"

The only thing that I found a little confusing when I first perused the manual was that they have extra material within the chapters that only pertains to the PODxt PRO, but this supplemental info is denoted with little pictures on the side of the page.

edit: Also the presets are actually very good for what they are...accurate representations of the amps and cabs and mics they're emulating. One thing that you CAN'T do without tweaking and editing is going from one preset to another. Line 6 didn't match volumes very well. So the 'Fliptop' preset is much quieter than the 'Classic' preset. If you want to use the presets, you will need to go into each one and tweak to even out the volumes. It's not a plug-and-play device by any means, but is an extremely powerful tool.