Line 6 Pro series rackmount multi-FX?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Jan 27, 2006.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I'm curious as to if anyone has some of these or used them in the past. I've always wanted one of the Modulation Line6 units, but just found out not too long ago they used to make them in RACK version- able to control via MIDI!

Now to me, being able to control 99 presets instead of 4 is a helluva better deal, but just wanna know if anyone has used these in the past?

If I could control 2 units with one board, I'd pick up the Mod AND Echo, asap!
  2. yes, they made them a while back...i really want the echo pro and the filter pro, but they don't make them anymore!
    I rarly see them on ebay, and are pretty expensive when you do find them...d'oh!
    although i hear from some people that the quality isn't so good on the echo...but then again, i've heard people say that they are ok with the quality...
  3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Yeah there's a few on there right now, actually. 3 Echo's, 1 Filter and 1 Mod.
    It makes me kind of suspicious as the Harmony-Central reviews don't speak very highly of them, or are about average. But I guess most people don't really take time to learn equipment and see what they can make work from it. I'm still pissed I sold my effin' Mesa M2000!! I just could NOT figure that mofo out.

Anyways, I think I may just stick with 2 floor models, and get the Delay and Modulation units. I wouldn't mind the Filter either, but that's already TONS of pedalboard real estate! You can get those 2 units w/ power supplies for about what 1 of the rack units go for, and that's w/out a MIDI board, which is what you need to access all 99 of those presets... So, I guess it'd be fun to get the rack units and a MIDI setup w/ them, but hell- it'd be great having an Eventide too! I just ain't gonna buy one (yet!).

As far as the sound quality and "digital vs. analog" and all that, I really don't know what the old pedals sounded like that they're modeling! I just want something that phases, flanges, choruses, and delays. I think getting both units would be not too bad a setup and extremely more versatile than my current Boss-pedal setup.
  4. the guy selling the echo pro is asking 500 dollars...TOO MUCH!!!
    i could probably find a used EDP for a 100 dollars more!
  5. Achmed108

Jan 26, 2004
    I dunno if anyone is around here anymore, but I actually own a ModPro and absolutely love it. The quality of effects is easily as good as any of Line 6's other products. It's not quite the quality of something Eventide might put out or other high-end/boutique effects, but it does everything I want it to do and more. Plus I got mine used for $150. As I recall they were $600 new, I think.

I'm still trying to figure out how exactly these things can be controlled with a midi controller, though. I'm new to the idea. What exactly am I looking to purchase? Consider me a total idiot on the subject, but if any of you have any advice or help at all, it would be immeasurably appreciated. I'm tired of turning around and turning knobs to get the effects I want on stage hahah.
  6. I was curious about these units for a while. Wolstenholme actually had two Filter Pros in his rack during the Absolution era, but for BH&R went back to two FM-4s. Interesting.
  7. wibblebass

Aug 25, 2009
    Yep, I have all three in a rack controlled by a Behringer FCB1010. I'm sure there are other MIDI controller boards out there just as easy to use but the FCB fell inside my budget. I tend to use my units like over-priced multi flexible pedals at the moment - in other words I tend only to have one unit active at a time, but I do make use of a number of the effect patches on each. I haven't yet experimented with designing patches that use more than one unit at a time