Line 6 Questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm really GAS'ing for a DL4. I've got a couple questions.

What does the expression pedal do? Should I get it? Oh yeah BTW, if I did get it, it would be used of Ebay. I find the $250 price tag a bit ra-donk.

Also, does anyone here use an AM4, DM4 (also considering), FM4, or MM4? What do you use them for?

And one last question. Would you reccomend a Big Muff or DM4?

EDIT: Looking on the Line 6 website, it says the DM4 has a Big Muff setting. Any experience with this?
  2. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    well, the expression pedal lets you essentially tweak one of the knobs in real time. for delay, twisting the time/speed knob produces awesome radical effects, so the expression pedal probably tweaks that one, or possibly could be programmed to tweak the other knobs, im not exactly sure

the AM4 i hear is pretty much crap. I've been considering getting the DM4, since it models many guitar distortion pedals that bassists use. I currently have the rack version of the MM4, and i love it! no low end loss thru the modulation effects, and they all sound great
  3. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    I've played with the the DM4 and it has no Mix knob, so you're going to want the put one of those paraloopers (i think thats the name) with it to keep your low end.
    The distortions are useful. Some suck, and if you get the expression pedal with it you can almost get a cliff burton's Anesthesia sound without the wah.
  4. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I'm running a DL4 on my pedal board right now and not using an expression pedal, don't really see the need. But I tend to be fairly minimilist with effects anyway. It sounds great with my Buzz (frettless) I can actually almost get a bowed bass sound with it! Pretty cool, Dosen't see too much use with my metro though.
  5. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Purchased the DM4 for a pretty good deal and used it on my bass for a couple tried before handing it over to it's intended recipient (our lead guitar guy). But in the few moments I tried it out, yeah, some of the distortions were great sounding, some were unusable. Was a bit too much madness to justify me keeping it in the rig full-time, but I think it would make for a great studio addition, just in case you need that certain distortion sound.