1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 Stompbox Modellers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ndrly, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I've figured out my rig as a guitarist. It would go Wah -> Whammy -> Line 6 MM4 -> Delay -> Volume pedal. I'd only use amp distortion and switch between clean and dirty channels using a footswitch (or I could use two amps, one clean, one dirty, and use an amp selector switch). The MM4 would be convenient because it would have the most effects I would need out of all the Line 6 stompbox modellers. I'd use flanger, Leslie simulator, tremolo, and some other stuff...

However, I haven't decided whether to use any of the Line 6 Stompbox modellers on bass, because I'm not sure if it maintains the low end. In fact, the only modulation effect I'd really need would be a chorus pedal (my effects GAS list has decreased). If the Line 6 modellers maintain low end, great! I'll probably buy one for bass.

2. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Whats your point? :meh:

3. TaylorW

TaylorW

Feb 9, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    I think hes just tryin to say he figured out how awesome Line 6 Modellers are! he just wanted to share!

4. That, and I want to know if they work on bass. Like, I know Justin Chancellor may have tried out an FM4.

5. HELLO??? :confused: :mad:

6. Chris Wolstenholme uses the MM4, afaik, so i guess it's good...

7. Sweet. Chris is one of my favourite bassists.

8. keep in mind they are built to break.

9. Luvbster

Luvbster

Jul 26, 2007
    In my opinion use two amps or at least multiple channels, like Chris. I'm pretty sure you want to keep your low end and thats the best way.
    Also in my opinion, I stay away from any digital distortion, I only like analog stuff. I think its just a better over all sound, and I think analog sticks out better

10. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    +1 switches mounted directly to circuit board underneath = Bad idea

11. So, a Line 6 MM4 would be unwise to use onstage?

12. He actually uses the FM-4.

13. ok

i new it had an 'm' in the model name :D

OFFICIAL: CHRIS WOLSTENHOLME USES THE LINE 6 FM-4, NOT THE MM-4 I PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED.