Line 6 X2 XDR 95 Question.

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by Bassist Jay, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    I bought this wireless system about a month ago on clearance from Musicians Friend and love it. My only complaint is the transmitter. This thing has a horrible design for staying attached to my strap. I literally slightly move and the thing wants to come off. Does anyone know if there is any alternative solution or anything extra that I can buy to keep this thing put? When I am playing or performing, I am all over the stage and do not want to risk losing my transmitter ever 30 seconds.
    Thanks.
    Jay

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I either put it in my back jeans pocket or there are some "soft" cases on MF you can buy for them and velcro them snugly to your strap.
    I play with the wide 'ol Comfort Strapp units, so I just hang it in my back pocket as I stated.

But ya that particular design of the unit as a whole could use some work, IMO.

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah, I just put mine in my back pocket and it works out fine... There is a way to thread the narrow part of the strap thru the clip, but buying one of those pouches is probably a better idea if you're not into the back pocket thing...

- georgestrings

4. mbrain

mbrain

Feb 20, 2006
    Buy a neotech pouch. Here's a link: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Neotech-Wireless-Pouch?sku=367509

They are far better than the clip system. You will be happy.

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
  6. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    Cool, thanks for the replies. I will go with the pouch and hopefully that will solve the problem!

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    i just duct tape mine to the strap like most people.

9. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    Via duct?

Vi not a chicken?

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    i wasn't aware you could use chickens as a wireless transmitter.

11. bassguppy

bassguppy

Jan 8, 2003
    Queens

I just picked up the XDR-95. Which Neotech Wireless Pouch fits the transmitter? small or medium?

12. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    you can't. chicken wire. duh.

13. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
  14. bunny10

bunny10

Mar 11, 2006
    Medium.

15. spywebco

spywebco Supporting Member

May 14, 2009
    North Ft. Myers, FL
    Have you seen 3M's Duo Lock? Like Velcro on Steroids. Designed as a Marine Fastening system, I use it to hold my wireless guitarbug in place on my basses, doesn't mess up the finish, & won't let go before the glue does. If you need to permanently glue a little strip to your strap, Goop would work and then put some of the duo lock on the transmitter. I did that for one of our gui**** players, and poof problem solved. If I only solve all the other problems that easily.

16. moon-bass

moon-bass They call me El Jefe Supporting Member

May 10, 2004
    USA, New Orleans
    +1 on the pouch - medium size. Works great!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021