1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line 6 X3 Live or Boss GT10B.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 6stringbassist, Mar 22, 2009.

1. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    I fancy an 'all in one' floor mount effects to save carrying my rack about.

I only use chorus, delay and reverb sounds, how do they sound compared to the ones on the GT10B.

The GT10B has a looper which is a bonus.

The X3 Live looks better made.

http://line6.com/podx3live/

2. IME

Both of them are very solid for M-Fx units. Don't let that element deter you from either of them.

The POD has better amp modeling and distortions, but the GT-10B reigns supreme in the effects range (except for the envolopes/synths, which disappointed me.)

You may find the GT-10B to be a better all-around jam tool (i.e., studio, live stage jams, etc.), as it is compatible with USB, MIDI, XLR and digital outs.

The ideal situation in any case such as this is to try them out yourself. It is the best way to decide what is for you, and always has been.

3. jblock

jblock Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    CT
    Do you need amp modeling? If not you might want to check out the Line 6 M13.

4. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

+1

The X3 Live (which I use a ton) is an amp sim if you're looking for a preamp / DI to replace your live amp rig or need a ton of amp / cab sounds in one unit, much different than a multi-FX.

If I needed a ton of effects though, that M13 looks like it fails EPA standards by producing too much GAS. :cool:

5. 6stringbassist

6stringbassist

Jul 9, 2007
    UK.
    Thanks for your replies.

I'm not after amp simulation, just effects and mainly reverb and modulation effects.

I tried the M13 some time ago and I was really disappointed with the looper, it wasn't too good, so I'm after effects and don't mind getting a seperate looper pedal..

6. The Boss GT-10B is Solid. I love mine. Vic Wooten is on the record somewhere saying he wished the looper had more time for recording. But all the sounds are great to my ears.

7. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    You want only effects! Go for the Boss. Very solid and tweakable. The graphic display makes it the easiest to use multieffect unit. I also like the preamps very much, but the speaker simulation is not on par with the x3.