1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line/Aux/CD in needed for practicing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PharmaPlys, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Gallien-Krueger 400RB II + a Eden Nemesis 410 (15 "money")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Marshall B150 (12 "money")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Marshall B65 (10 "money")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Stick with the crappy Behringer until the "chosen one" comes up.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. PharmaPlys

PharmaPlys

Jan 3, 2013
    Hi Gals & Guys

I'm currently practicing through a ridiculous Behringer 45W 1x10 using a Zoom 2.1bu for the fun of it - and as sort of a preamp for my passive basses (a no-name homemade 5'er and a MM2 OLP).

I don't gig - I'm mainly a singer but use my bass for clearing my head and to keep tightness and rhythm, which could get sometimes lost in all the vocals.

Short story long...I'm now looking for a replacement for my amp - and I'm a cheapskate (I'm only looking at used gear) living in a small country (the selection is kinda narrow).

I, currently, have three options I'm mainly considering:
    A Gallien-Krueger 400RB II + a Eden Nemesis 410 from an old Eden Nemesis NC320 - at 15 "money"
    A Marshall Bass State B150 at 12 "money" (do I need 150 W in a livingroom playing on my own?)
    A Marshall Bass State B65 at 10 "money"

But the all lack the line in...which is kinda meh for me - I don't use it a lot, but I use it occasionally. I do, however, have an old stereo in the same room as my amp...to which I could fit my tablet instead.

And please confirm me that when I'm using a multi FX pedal - I shouldn't care about the effects loop? (If something else comes up in the classifieds)...or could I use the FX Return as a line in in either of the above mentioned?

If I'm gonna stick with what I got for now...what should I buy that's cheap and has line in (and preferably a compressor) if an when it shows up in the local craigslist?

2. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

you don't need 150w in your living room. If you like to turn the stereo up loud and play along then maybe you need more than you have now. it always sounds clearer playing along to a stereo rather than an aux in the bass amp, better separation . Your multi fx goes straight into the amp's instrument input, no need to use the effects return,unless you had a pre-amp.
    Hope this helps, rock on !:bassist:

3. B-string likes this.