Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line mixer for multiple basses??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bonzai, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    I have a question about feeding multiple basses into one setup for live use. If I were to use a line mixer such as the Rane SM82 to feed multiple basses into a preamp, would I run into issues with ohms or input voltage or anything else? This would be ideal to input the basses to this then to a preamp instead of switching cords. Thanks for all replys:)

2. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    that would work exactly how you want it to.

i use a raven labs MDB-1 for the same purpose, and am exceptionally happy with it. if you only are planning on plugging in 2 or 3 basses the mdb might be worth looking into.

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    yep it will work fine.

The other option is an A/B box. They're cheap, simple. Whenever you change basses just step on it . It will mute the bass you just pot down and activate the bass you just picked up. I'd only look at it if the 2 basses have a similar output though. You won't ba able to turn the level up or down like you would on a line mixer.