Line out of SVT 3 Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Grilli, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Grilli

Nov 12, 2001
    Whenever I line out of my head I get a weak signal. I've messed with the ground lift, turned the nobs up, and have pretty much tried everything. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Does it typically sound better just to D.I. my bass for live sound sound applications?
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    pre amp gain and the line out volume (on back) up?
    If yes to both check the pre-post button (also on back)see if either position is better. If not... dunno. get it checked out by a tech. 5 year warrany on Ampegs.
  3. I think so. IME, which is simple & limited, the "line-outs" and built-in DIs don't work to well. I wish I had first searched the archives here before blowing a lot of time with that stuff on my amp. I discovered that the consensus here is that the "built-in" stuff is pretty cheap/poor with very, very few exceptions. After getting a DI (Countryman) life is easy and good.
  4. the FX send will give you the signal of your preamp as well for a more "beefed up" tone? Are you just running something into the board (D.I.) or are you driving another amp with this? The preamp signal would be better for the latter..