1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line out on Ampeg BA112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Schpector, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Schpector

Schpector

Jan 31, 2012
    Macon, GA
    Hey guys, I hope you all have had a good day. Is everyone as ready for the weekend as I am? :hyper:

Anyway, I recently purchased an Ampeg BA112 and I love it. The tone is great. I originally intended it to be a practice amp only, but have decided I like it enough to use it at rehearsal and (possibly) gigs. Thus, I have a question.

For my band and the shows we play, a single 12" 50 watt combo is not enough. I know I can run through the PA, but I am curious about the 1/4" line out feature on the Ampeg.

Could I use this as a speaker extension out? I have a nice 8 ohm 2x10 that I would like to use. What other options do I have?

Thanks in advance! Have a good evening.

2. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    I have the BA110. To use two combos I sit the BA110 on top of my P3115 Promethean combo. Take a 1/4" cable from the line out on the BA110 and plug it into the input on the Promethean and it sounds quite good. After that its just a matter of volume balance between the two cabs.

3. Schpector

Schpector

Jan 31, 2012
    Macon, GA
    I am assuming you use an instrument cable to do this, yes?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Glad you're enjoying it. It's my favorite BA amp, even though I don't have one.

You can't hook up a speaker to the line out. You can hook up to another amp and speaker, or you can run it to a PA or recorder. But it's not designed to run a speaker by itself. Speakers can only be run to the speaker out, and the BA112 doesn't have one except the one it's already using.