Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

line up one and all... you can't let this one get away!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Nov 30, 2001.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
  2. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Rofl! I wonder, is he trying to rip people off, or just that ignorant?

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm not an Ibanez expert, but that doesn't look like a neck through model. BTW, sadly enough SOMEBODY will buy it!:rolleyes:

4. Hehehe...check the bidding history. Guess who was first....

5. warwicknut said...

I'm not an Ibanez expert, but that doesn't look like a neck through model.

I had a 406 for awhile and it wasn't neck-through. Looked just like the one in the auction with one more string.

allan

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    HEY!!!!! check his seller's comments, and compare them to Matthew Markoff's the OLP seller. They're the same. Could this be..............?

7. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I'm not sure, but I think NT might stand for "natural"

This guy either is trying to rip people off, or really knows sh!t about this bass, because it's not:
    1) Mahogany (it's maple AFAIK)
    2) The bass Fieldy plays
    3) Nowhere near worth $1000

You're right, sadly someone will believe it and buy it. "Oh wow! The same bass fieldy plays, and it's only $500 for this $1000 bass! What a deal!" :rolleyes:

8. leper

leper

Jun 21, 2001
    i used to have a soundgear 1200 that had a maple top and mahogony back, so he might mean that. And, dont forget list price is way higher than retail.

9. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    List price on an SR405 is $699.99. And they're made fully of maple. SR1200 is a different model.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

NT does stand for natural, that's the Ibanez color code for it. And yes, it's made of soft maple, not mahogany. What a maroon! The liszt price on this bass is $699.99, and you can buy one brand new at Musician' Friend for $519.99 That means if you are a good negotiator, you could probably buy one locally for $475. Maybe this is Matthew Markoff.

11. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    OmG! Iz GoTa By Me DiS bAsS gEtAr!

12. All praise the person who bidded $20

13. Why would you actually bid on that? He should pay us to take that junk of his hands.

14. Last I heard Fieldy's main instrument is a well-worn SR1305. I'm sure he probably has dozens of very nice basses (all going to waste of course).

15. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    duh, looks like you should ask funkycarnivore!
    And he actually did! I looked! Shame on you fc! :eek: :D

16. Hey, gimme a break, alright? Some guy (Matt something) told me that it was a good deal and that I should buy it immediately. He said that he had some officially licensed Fieldy merchandise too.

17. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    a likely story... but then again, I generally find people named Matt to be honest and dependable!
    :D

P@

18. catwig1

catwig1

Mar 4, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    So have I. :rolleyes:

Matt

No, I'm not Matthew Markoff :rolleyes:

19. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    yes he does!

i once watched "MTV Cribs" showing the house of FielDy! :eek:. So he showed his cars, rooms, etc. and then he goes to his "home studio" (he actually joked about being lazy and not doing anything there), but i really got pissed when he removed some kind of blanket behind some decks and there was like 6-7 very pretty basses just lying in there getting dust :mad: even some fretless beauties...

:D