Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nanook, Dec 15, 2002.

1. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    I asked the question about what the best effects unit was for the money about 6 months ago and the general consensus was the Line 6 Bass Pod.

Is that still true? Would the Pod Pro be worth the few $ more. Is the stomp box a useful item for live performances?
  2. Wareyin

Jul 13, 2002
    The line 6 bass pod is not even close to being worth the money. I tried one six months ago, and found it to be crap. No usable effects or ways to switch them live. But the bass player for Kid Rock uses one...that was the salesman's selling point, anyway!;) Made me even more sure I didn't want it! LOL
  3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I think you should look at the Roland GT6B as well if you want this type of amp modelling/multi-effects unit.

I tried the POD only briefly but did not like it much, especially not the effects. The sales person said the overall sound is much better quality with the Pro version, but I did not try it. Others seem to like both versions though.
  4. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    I have a bass pod, if you like the tubey type of sounds get it, if you like the real clean sound of a solid state amp, don't get it. I was very aggrivated for a long time with it (i've had it for a year now), but then i just decided to keep the knobs on it at 7, and adjust everything with my amp, and i get a decent sound. the effects aren't that great, but i use the distortion on it, the sample and hold (makes some weird sounds) and then the sub dub type amp, with drive from it, and chorus to go "warbley warbley wawawawawawawawa".