Line6 Bass Pod Reviews. POST EM' HERE! Line 6

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NDbassist, May 6, 2005.

1. NDbassist

Apr 17, 2005
    I am very interested in getting one of these babies. I was wondering what you guys thought of them first. Many of you have been such great help in many bass-related decisions, so i was hoping to get some input on this matter also! Thanks again!
    and i realize the XT comes with more features and is newer, but i just dont have the cash...

Like Indie/Emo? Check out my new band please!!!
  2. PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I can't speak to the older Bass POD (I just got the xt version), but you may find more info on the site (go to "support", then "discussion forums").

In general, I think you'll find that PODs require a "flat" amp (like a PA) to achieve their full effect. Bass amps already have a lot of "coloring" to them.

I just got the $300 Bass PODxt. While I've only had it 2 days, thus-far I *really* like it. Much better built than I expected. If like me you use a bass-amp (not a PA), one feature I'd watch-for is a good EQ in the POD - not just the tone settings for the amp being modeled. For me, use of the 6-band parametric EQ in the xt version of the POD is very important.

Note: For reviews, you may care to check here: