Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line6 Bass Pod Reviews. POST EM' HERE! Line 6

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NDbassist, May 6, 2005.

1. NDbassist

NDbassist

Apr 17, 2005
    I am very interested in getting one of these babies. I was wondering what you guys thought of them first. Many of you have been such great help in many bass-related decisions, so i was hoping to get some input on this matter also! Thanks again!
    and i realize the XT comes with more features and is newer, but i just dont have the cash...

Like Indie/Emo? Check out my new band please!!!
    www.purevolume.com/noradevine
    or
    www.myspace.com/noradevine

2. PhilMan99

PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    I can't speak to the older Bass POD (I just got the xt version), but you may find more info on the line6.com site (go to "support", then "discussion forums").

In general, I think you'll find that PODs require a "flat" amp (like a PA) to achieve their full effect. Bass amps already have a lot of "coloring" to them.

I just got the $300 Bass PODxt. While I've only had it 2 days, thus-far I *really* like it. Much better built than I expected. If like me you use a bass-amp (not a PA), one feature I'd watch-for is a good EQ in the POD - not just the tone settings for the amp being modeled. For me, use of the 6-band parametric EQ in the xt version of the POD is very important.

Note: For reviews, you may care to check here: http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/#man