Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line6 BASS POD - your opinion?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oten, Jul 19, 2004.

1. oten

oten

Jun 29, 2004
    hi,

i am considering to buy this Line6 Bass POD that I have read about. I have to order it so, at this point, i have no chance of trying it.

does any one of you guys have it and use it? would you recommend it? does it worth its price?

i am especially looking for an effect/sound PANTERA bassist Rex might be using. will i be able to produce something similar with it (have 6-string ibanez soundgear customm though)?

thanks in advance.

oten

2. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    I used a Bass Pod for well over a year and I loved it. We used in ear monitors so it went straight to the board and to my ears. Very nice unit with great tones and effects. I would defintely tell you to get the floor board, so you can add wah to any channel and switch channels on the fly. The only reason I got rid of it was because I found it a little noisy going through an amp for my taste. Not bad, but it bothered me. If that's what you want to do, I say get the rack Bass Pod Pro. I've heard it's quieter than the "bean" and has a few more features.

But for the money, I recommend it all the way.

3. oten

oten

Jun 29, 2004
    thanx for your advice, modflea.

it made my choce even harder because trying to decide between LINE6 BASS POD and ROCKTRON VOODU VALVE (http://www.rocktron.com/products/vooduol.html) which supposed to cost approx. the same price...

which one would you pick?

oten

4. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    I think the line6 bass pod sounds great on bass. I always use effects on the bass guitar, such as synth units. The low end comes thru well on recordings, sounds good on a quality stereo. If you want to hear some samples go to my site, http://runbeerrun2.tripod.com the bass pod is on all bass parts even on the videos

5. modflea

modflea

Apr 26, 2004
    Lafayette, LA
    Line 6 all the way... without hesitation.

6. 555

Jun 21, 2003
    U.K
    My Behringer V-Amp sounds great so i am sure the Line 6 bass pod sounds even better.