1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line6 Bass PODxt Live owners

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mettec, Mar 23, 2006.

1. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I was curious on how you hookup your POD to an amp. Do you use the FX send/returns or do you run a direct line from the output of the POD to the input of your amp?

2. If you put it in the loop. The sound will be added after the EQ is done with your clean signal.

If you put going from the instrumet to the POD to the head. Then the modulated signal goes to the EQ.

That's all I can tell. I'm learning about this too, but I don't know how drastically it changes the sound.

3. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I tried out a Gallien-Krueger 700RB lastweek with my Line6. When I put it through the FX send/return it sounded horrible, loss of volume, and distortion was barely audible. Then put it through the amp input and it sounded 10X better but still had a hard time hearing the definition in the D & G strings.

4. BSR6P-Bob

BSR6P-Bob

Apr 5, 2005
    Effects loop works but the best results are to the heads "direct-in" to the power amp assuming the head has one. I used this method into my iAMP600/VL210 rig and it was fine.(A relatively "flat" head/cab combo helps.)

As previously posted in this forum it DOES take a lot of tweaking to get the best from the Bass Pod Live but the results are worth it.

For me the value is being able to skip the amp and go right to the PA for jobbing which saves mucho strain of my back.
    Two gig bags and an in-ear make me feel like a sax player. Very cool.