Line6 DL4 vs Boss RC-20

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ozzyman, May 18, 2005.

1. Ozzyman

Jul 21, 2004
    I'm am really wanting to get a looper (for mainly practicing purposes) and have found that these two are the most promising for their price range (under $300). Which one would be more useful and easier to use? I'm leaning more towards the Boss RC-20 because I might be getting the new BassPODxt Live and that includes alot of delay effects.
    What are the pros and cons of each?
    This will be used 99% for practicing.
    And are there any other loopers <$300 that would meet my criteria better?
  2. It's super-easy to use & has tons of cool delays, although you can't use them simultaneously w/the looper. One major drawback is the looper's 14/28 second record time, which my limited ability has already outgrown. I still like mine for the delays, but if the Boss is half as easy as the DL-4, I must have both :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: .
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I have the boss, the original RC-20, very easy to use, sound quality is good, not perfect, but I like it better than the ice I hear with the line 6. I'm waiting on the "pedal version of the jam man" to show up. There's a thread inhere somewhere.
  4. I have the RC-20XL and it takes a little getting used too but that is all on my end. Otherwise I love it. I have a friend who can use it flawlessly in live situations. He has the dl4 as welll but only uses it for delay.
  5. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i have a rc-20 and a line 6 echo park

they werk great together
  6. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Yeah best of both worlds more or less if you get the Boss RC-20 XL and the Line 6 Echo Park.

Do a search as well as I recently posted about a new jam man reissue which looks to be far better than the RC-20xl. I just can't look for the thread myself right now.

Hope this helps
  7. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Akai headrush. sounds less digital than the others( to my ears at least).
    Also gives the teh ability to add layers ontop of the original loop, remove them again and still keep the original loop.
  8. I have an RC-20 and love it. I use it live depending on the band I'm playing with, and love using it for practice. It's especially useful as a way to either improve your soloing technique or you can send an input in and loop a song or part of a song that you're trying to learn. Additionally, it's super easy to use. I read the manual, but honestly, I don't think I really needed to. It was all pretty self-explanitory. I haven't had any experience with that Line6 pedal so I can't give any feedback as to which is better or how good that is. But if you go with the Boss, I can pretty much assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Oh, and it's great for those late night eureka moments because you can just hit one button to record. Or you can even hook up a microphone for such an occasion.

Double oh, it also has a snazzy reverse function that plays your loop backwards.

Phew. You've made me want to go play

Hope this helped somewhat.