1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

line6 DM4 on their bass!! how is it sir?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by felytone, Mar 21, 2006.

1. felytone

felytone

Jun 12, 2005
    SINGAPORE
    anyone use a line 6 dm4 distortion modeller for their bass? id like to know the effect...

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Claypool does recently IIRC.

3. There's little info 'bout that modeller to be found on this forum. I like the concept of it... I'd like to hear how it sounds on a tube-amp... Someone?

4. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Eddie Breckenridge from Thrice uses one along with his 70s era SVT.

5. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    the old bass player from sparta/ at the drive-in used one

6. Some real-life experiences??

7. I see Adam Clayton uses one for his rig too, along with a Big Muff and Bass POD. In the January edition of Bass Player, you can see the DM4 in his rig with song names taped under the preset buttons - Zoo Station, The Fly and Mysterious Ways.

8. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Im sorry to renew this thread but i was just wandering, is this thing all digital? or is it like the Programmable bass driver where only the programming is digital and the circuitry is analouge?

9. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    All Digital

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very much digital. Everything Line 6 makes is digital, and the word modeller is usually a dead giveaway ;)

11. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I remember when my guitarist thought his Line 6 DL-4 pedal was analog because it didn't have the LCD my Gigadelay has. His fallback point was that the pedal would oscillate as you turned the knobs.

......... I guess that's why he played guitar.

12. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    [​IMG]