1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line6 JM-4 or Digitech Jamman or Boss RC-50?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by scowboy, Apr 12, 2009.

1. scowboy

scowboy Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Sacramento area
    I am considering buy a looper (again). I had the Digitech Jamman a while ago and thought it was tough to navigate at best. Though I liked most everything else about it.

A friend of mine has an RC-50 which looks to be pretty awesome but of course comes a at a premium price. Anybody used the JM-4? I will be using this just "in home" to accompany myself while I practice.

Opinions wanted.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just in-home practice? The Jamman or RC-20 will be fine (or a Line6 DL4, Akai Headrush, etc.). The newer Line 6 looper has no real benefits over those unless you want all of those guitar presets, which you likely won't. If you want to create real songs or perform live, the RC-50 or another multi-track looper will be far superior to any single-track looper.