1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line6 Lowdown internal speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Labi, May 3, 2010.

1. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    HI.
    I just bought a used Line6 Lowdown 150 combo amp and have reason to believe that it's internal speaker has been replaced. I took the speaker out and the sticker on it's back seemed very cheesy. Also the speaker itself felt quite light in weight.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Here are two pics of the speaker.

2. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    How does it sound?

3. RNV

RNV

Apr 13, 2010
    Loxahatchee, Fl
    fEARful (I endorse them, not visa versa)
    Did you buy it new or from a private person. Maybe a CL or ebay scam.

4. Labi

Labi

Jun 14, 2006
    Well it sounds quite OK. But then again if the speaker was replaced, It will bug me that it might sound even better or louder then it actually does.

I bought it from a guy I know. We live in the same town. But he also bought it used from someone he didn't know. But not ebay.

I hope someone who has the same amp chimes in. All I need to know is if the speaker is the original one. Even if it's not, it's a good speaker.

5. Lync

Lync

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    I'm betting that it is orig. You could always post in the Line 6 forum to see if they can give you more info.