Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Line6 Poo...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigRed, Oct 8, 2004.

1. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I've been looking into a Bass PODxt Pro and the FBV ShortBoard. Does anyone else have this setup, and what do you think?

2. bortx

bortx

Sep 9, 2004
    Yep, you will notice my post's on this matter today. I have both the units right now (rented) and they are going back to the store next week... Totally fun to play with if you are a gear geek (which I am) but if 95% of the time you want great tone and occasionally you want to kick in some effects I don't think it's all there. I'm after 1 great tone, not 50 good ones. In the end, the very poor tracking for synth/octave and the overall hum of the unit got it canned.

Looked at a ton of other multi-effects and decided on boss gt6b as I could not find another rackmount effects unit that would do what I wanted. Should be here today in fact... and it's half the price of the line6 pod and short board... leaves enough to buy a rack mount tuner and dbx compressor.

3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Though not inexpensive, I have moved to a Lexicon MPX G2. They stopped making them last year. So, they are bit hard to find, but I did luck out on mine and got a great price. The G2 doesn't have amplifier modelling like the Line 6 Pod, but all of the effects in the Lexicon unit are done well. So, if you are looking for great effects and don't need the amplifier modelling, the G2 is the way to go.

4. bortx

bortx

Sep 9, 2004
    Hi xyllion,

How is the octaver on the lexicon... it's designed for guitar so I am curious how well it tracks.

5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    The octave is good down to A. After that it has trouble tracking.