line6 relay g30 and neotech pouch

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by tomersg, Feb 26, 2016.

1. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    hi
    which neotech wireless pouch fits better to the line6 relay g30? the small or medium?
    (still have the clip on it but not using it..)

2. Bufalo

Bufalo Funk in the Trunk Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA
    I purchased the Medium Neotech for my G30, and it fits perfectly. I use a right-angle cable with it, and the cable pops right out the bottom-side openings in the pouch, while I can easily reach the on-off switch at the top. It's perfect.

I removed the clip from my transmitter.

3. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    read some of the comments here..
    Neotech Wireless Pouch

4. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    thanks.
    i also read the comments at other sites. but its what makes me confused..
    mixed coments - some say small is best fit and some says medium.

can you add photo please? i'm confused..
    thanks

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  5. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I have the G30 and Neotech pouch - but I picked up the pouch used along the way somewhere - didn't even know there are two sizes. Sounds like Bufalo is inserting the transmitter what I would consider to be "sideways". I use mine "upside down" I guess - I have the jack coming out the "top" with the Velcro strap - but it is facing down on my strap. The pouch fits so tight and the unit is secured further by the Velcro strap - I have never had an issue with it falling out. I think I must have the small one - not sure though.

6. Bufalo

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA

Hopefully these will help -

This is the view from the "top," where I can get to the on/off switch:
    2016-02-28 12.45.33.jpg

Here's the cord sticking out from one of the gaps at the bottom:
    2016-02-28 12.45.38.jpg

And here's the transmitter pulled out with the cord still through to give an idea of how it routes:
    2016-02-28 12.45.59.jpg

And finally, in practice, the strap, pouch, transmitter, cord and bass:
    2016-02-28 12.53.25.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    kikstand454 and tomersg like this.
  7. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Looking at Bufalo's pics - my mistake, he is not putting his in "sideways" as I said. I have mine the opposite direction as his though - I have to reach in through the little gap where he has his cord run to get tp the switch. The jack sticks out on one side of the Velcro closure strap. I use a straight cord end there and put the pouch on my strap "upside down" so it faces down the strap. His way probably makes more sense. Sorry - still not sure if I have the medium or small though.

8. Bufalo

Jan 6, 2005
    Harrisburg, PA
    The right angle cable makes it all work. It's a hosa that I bought on amazon at the same time with the pouch. Getting the medium size gives enough room for the cable jack to fit inside along with the whole transmitter.

9. tbirdsp

tbirdsp

Sep 18, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah - looking at the Neotech site the only difference in the two sizes is 1/2" of length (3.5" vs 4") - other dimensions are the same (2.5" and 0.8").

10. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    thanks
    i already orderd the small one. hope it will work.. seen comments about the small is a match too.
    i'm using george'ls cable with those small right angle plugs to connect the transmitter to the bass. .

11. kikstand454

kikstand454

Sep 28, 2012
    I use it the same way bufalo does. It all fits perfectly. Also, this makes accessing the on/off switch a breeze, as well as being able to see your battery/signal status led's.

EDIT:

I looked it up and I bought the medium.
    ( Feb 17, 2014!!! So I've been using the g30 for two years now without a single hitch.)
    Neotech 7901124 Wireless Pouch, Black, Medium Amazon.com: Neotech 7901124 Wireless Pouch, Black, Medium: Musical Instruments

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  12. I have a G90 and a medium neotech, I don't know if the transmitters are different sizes though.

13. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    hi
    so here an update.
    just recived the neotech pouch. i ordered the small one.
    its fits perfectly to the relay g30 transmitter. and attach realy well to the strap. feels very stable and safe.

093F4F1B-C137-4312-94DC-F99EE218FCA5.jpg

as you can see i inserted the cable down side and the switch is up for easy access. excatly like bufalo did.
    yet i'm not sure about leaving the cable there for all the time. it can be ruin that way.
    maybe i'll cut small hole there to insert the plug. what you say?

Bufalo likes this.
  14. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    I know this is an old thread but, I just got a pouch for my G30 & was wondering how you removed the clip from the transmitter

Thanks

15. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    Very carefully.....Mine was on there very good and I accidentally took a notch off by trying to take it off.

16. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    Thanks but, did you have to use any tools or did you just keep working the clip till it came off

17. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    No tools needed. There's slits where it sets in, just try and wiggle it gently until it comes out.

18. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    Thank you

19. tomersg

tomersg

Aug 6, 2007
    Israel
    i left the clip attached. its does not distrub in any way in the pouch.

20. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    Me too. Tried to be carful but, broke one of the notch's off. Hasn't caused any problems though.