Line6 Tonecore Echo Park vs Guyatone MD3 vs Boss DD-6

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Romain, May 20, 2007.

1. Line6 Tonecore Echo Park

66.7%
  2. Guyatone MD3

13.3%
  3. Boss DD-6

13.3%
  4. Other

6.7%
  1. Romain

Romain Effects Addict Club member #15

Vote for your favourite stompbox, and feel free to add any comment, or recommend any other delay pedal of your choice!

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Line 6 or the DD-20.

3. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I really am digging my DD-3.. a few less features than the DD-6.. but great little box.

4. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    I voted Echo Park just because that is what I have. Very versatile pedal with good sound. Other than the usual Tone core noise problem IF you are using it on a non-isolated daisy chain type deal.

5. I'm going to say MD-3, because I currently own the Echo Park and I don't really use most of the options. Although I'm sure it's brilliant for some, it's a little too noisy for me and my daisy chain :).

I'm selling/trading mine for the MD-3 soon hopefully.

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK
    For the cost of a DD-6 you can get a DD-20 for a little bit more and the DD-20 is the most amazing and powerful delay I've used, simply fantastic. The Echo Park is a great pedal as well and I never had any noise issues with mine, but I'd still jump on a DD-20 over anything listed.

Though there is a naughty little voice inside of me thats telling me to buy an echolution :D

7. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    yep...the Echo Park can be noisey in a daisy chain, depending on what kind you use. I've heard the One-Spot works well with it...but have no experience. I know the Voodoo Labs PP2+ works well.

I have both the MD3 and the Echo Park. The MD3 sounds great, but the lack of tap tempo is an issue for me. Thats why I use the echo park (it sounds good too IMO). Also, I like the "trails" feature of the echo park...the MD3 does not have this either.

8. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I use a DC Brick and have had no issues with noise from any of my Line 6 Tonecore pedals.

9. Spydog1985

Spydog1985

May 21, 2005
    i'd say the line 6 or boss is fine...

but i'd go line 6 bc you can buy another module if you need a different type of pedal...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021