1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Line6 UX2

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by 6jase5, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    http://tinyurl.com/yd4rhpp

So I bought the Line6UX2 so that I could record some of my ideas to send to my band. Not recordings that I'd keep as I'm playing drums with the A,S,D and F keys on my keyboard, but this was my first attempt at recording anything at home versus engineers and producers doing the grunt work.

For what I need, this little $199 tool is perfect. Anyone else have any USB for pc recording gadgets that are easy for stuff like this?

2. Kuoxasar

Kuoxasar

Aug 8, 2009
    Funny you mention the UX2... I was about to make a thread about it. I'm not really happy with the volume output... it's very quiet. Probably something I'm doing, but I don't know what. I read the manual...

3. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    I'm not having any volume issues. What software are you using (the Ableton lite?). In can redline digi fart it out easily if I don't watch.

Watch the compressor that it puts in with most of the canned presets. It usually needs tweaking. I'm only a few days in with this thing, but I like it.

pm if you want and I'll try to help you out. I'm travelling a lot this week so I'll respond when I can.

4. dave_p

dave_p

Dec 20, 2005
    CT
    when i get some ideas sometimes, its late, or i dont want to mic up the drumkit. i have crappy results playing a drum synth with the keyboard or my midi controller. i read up on line and figured out how to get my kids rockband drumset to trigger the midi for my drum synths. its pretty neat, i can kick out grooves in real time and have a multitrack drum track (separate kick, snare, hat, cymbals etc. in their own track). its quick and dirty and sounds decent.

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I use mine every day. Works perfectly with Audacity (yeah, I'm cheap !). For drum sounds/program I use Beatcraft. Simple to use, sounds great. No volume issues at all, BTW.

I like things to be as simple as possible, so when I have an idea I can record it quickly and efficiently, and the UX2 is absolutely perfect for my home recording needs.