1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line6 variax problem?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cutty, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    Hi guys,iv'e just got hold of a variax 700 4 string bass,however,sometimes when i press the volume control to change the model,nothing happens no matter how many times i press it,then all of a sudden it works,what am i doing wrong here,or is the bass faulty,thanks.

2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    Sounds like a bad switch.

3. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    I found the problem,the volume knob had to be raised a small amount so that the switch could make better contact when pressed,all's fine now,but if anyone else has a simular problem look at the volume knob first,it might save you lot's of calls to line6 who never seems to answer their phone!!.

4. Might be a bad switch, but check your calibration first. The Variax is a computerized guitar and the switches require calibration. When a Variax goes out of calibration they do weird stuff.

If you don't know how to calibrate it you can get that information off the Line 6 web site.

5. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    Yes iv'e put it back to factory settings and the bass is fine now,it's real easy to do.