1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Liner notes for downloaded music

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by Steve Killingsworth, May 28, 2007.

1. I have discovered the joys of the I-Tunes Store and have downloaded many classic "albums" and while the music is great, I miss having the liner notes.

Is there a place where the notes might be available?

2. I have found myself wondering the same thing since I've started using rhapsody.

I'm not sure about the liner notes but you can at least find out the credits (who played what) for most albums on allmusic.com. It's a great site and great resource for the studious jazz listener.

3. Chrix

Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    Brooklyn
    This is one of the many reasons that I still buy CDs or even vinyl. I know that the ease and availability of downloading music is great, and I'm glad that most people have moved to legal means of doing it, but there's still something to be said to holding the product in your hands, reading the notes, looking at the pictures, etc...

4. I love having them in my hands too - until it is time to pack and move, especially to a smaller place.

I am glad for this thread because I would love to have access to liner notes digitally and would probably be willing to pay for it in some cases.

Peace,
    S

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021