Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Link to my Bass Makeover site.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DaveCustomMade, Apr 27, 2004.

1. I have created a webpage [geocities, sorry for those annoying popups] that will be where I place pictures of my Bass Makeover. You can see the page here:

http://www.geocities.com/orion_vtol/EMBE.html

As of now, all that is there is a short introduction and one picture of how my bass is in it's current configuration. Nothing necessarily wrong with the way it is, I just prefer wood grain over a painted guitar. However, the makeover will be more than just color. It will be slightly altered in size and design. Nothing drastic, just a bit smaller, probably a 1/4th inch away from the width. Whenever I can copmlete it, it should make for some intereing 'before and after' photos. I'll let you all know when a change has been made. Wish me luck! :)

2. I purchased the wood for the matchbook top. It may be a bit surprising, but it is Spanish Cedar. Normally not a good wood for this application, but it had an interesting ripple effect and almost a 'tiger stripe' thing going on. It's a bit softer than I'd really like, but I'm very careful with my instruments anyway.

Also, the new design has been sketched out. I outlined the body of the Peavey and sketched out a better looking body and head than it's current look.

Again, when it's finished, I'll post before and after photos.

3. Would this be a post more suited for the Luthier's Corner?

4. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Well, I don't know why nobody has replied... Maybe this would be more suited to Basses? Maybe start a new one over there and close this one?