1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Linkin Park bassist takes Road Worn to Whole New Level

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smooth_bass88, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Friend, this man’s bass is especially trashed. We feel the need to pass the afternoon by making fun of him and it. :laugh:

This is what happens when you end a show by smashing your bass and then afterwards say: “hmm, I think this thing is still usable.”

juggahnaught and metron like this.
  2. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    I'm proud of myself for not jumping in to generally trash Linkin Park.

dkelley and Mingus_Habens like this.
  3. I actually like most Linkin Park stuff, but I'm still a little bit shocked. That bass was destroyed.

4. 2strings2frets

2strings2frets Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2017
    NUTS

5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Is it just me or can anyone see the tuners? Maybe the tuners were Photoshop'd out? Eh... he obviously likes it.

6. Bo-Weevil

Bo-Weevil Supporting Member

Jun 5, 2006
    SW Ohio, USA
    I'd be worried about shredding my hand up, or at least a finger or 3.
    There has to be some splinters just dying to jump off of that thing!
    Trash hand, then the infection sets in, you miss a few shows, band hires new bass player that wasn't a dumbass.
    I've seen it happen, but to a guitar player.
    Got mad at his girlfriend, got drunk, punched a wall and hit a stud, broke hand.
    Now working at a GC....
    Oh the travesty of it all.....

five7 likes this.
  7. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    London, UK
    Settle down, it'll buff out.

LowRenzo and rendevouz like this.
  8. Bullitt5135

Bullitt5135

Nov 16, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Needs tort.

Mingus_Habens and LowRick like this.
  9. Weberman

Weberman

Apr 8, 2014
    Nilbog, Ohio
    You have to remember, though - a lot of the users on this board are crusty dudes who think they "really rock it" when they get all of the denim grandmothers at the local boomer-bar to "move their butts on the dance floor" by playing Mustang Sally for the millionth time, with their band whose name is a "clever" reference to the music, while reading sheets or charts from a stand. A large subset of those guys use terms like "mojo", or actually pay for pre-worn instruments, while another thinks anything written after 1975 "killed rock". Are these reactions any surprise?

FWIW, I hate Lincoln Park. I'm also a borderline-hoarder with instruments and such, and have spent way to much effort trying to salvage junk when it would have been easier, and possibly cheaper, just to get something new.

10. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Oh, good, because we're talking about Linkin Park.

- John

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 1:21 PM
    LowRenzo likes this.
  11. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    “Honey, there’s a man at the door looking for you. He says he’s the bass player for Linkin Park.”

Oh, what does he want?

“He said something about you replacing the stock pickups in your bass. He seems really unhappy.”

Bodeanly, GregC, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  12. If I played a bass like this, I would injure myself....probably some kind of really bad splinter or laceration. My band would make fun of me and ask me why I didn’t expect it to happen.

13. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    This, 100%.

Some of ya’ll are acting like a bunch of uptight, grumpy old men up in here :roflmao:

14. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Really the part that should be mocked here is the usage of a stingray with no preamp.

I kid! I'm sure they sound fine without the preamp. :D

merseymale likes this.
  15. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Paul Simonon got put on the Album Cover for London Calling doing the same thing.
    No hate thread started on TB.

16. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    Only because there was no TB at the time. Could you imagine what this place would have been like during Punk?

17. Meh... i just think it’s a shame... it just looks like he doesn’t care about his stuff..

Smooth_bass88 likes this.
  18. gr8avocado

gr8avocado

Mar 23, 2012
    NC
    Man there is a lot pretentious douchebaggery flowing out of this thread.
    If you're offended by someone playing a broken bass you might need some therapy.

19. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    Ironically enough, the LP guitarist appeared on the cover of a guitar magazine in the early 2000’s holding a smashed no-brand Les Paul. In the article, the writer confessed that the LP guy wouldn’t smash the guitar during the photoshoot because he feared he would hurt his wrists, so a staff member smashed it and LP guy just held the pieces.

20. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

interesting you say that: i thought everyone was having some fun (albeit, some snarkier than others) except those who are actually willing to put in print that they hate linkin park.
    00 images2b3.
    :laugh:

no.

ramrodTM likes this.