Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

linking effect boards (PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cliff harris, Jul 18, 2003.

1. cliff harris

cliff harris

Jul 18, 2003
    Lima, Peru
    hi TB`ers!! i`v got a serious doubt here and `m sure u can help me. i have a BOSS ME-30 guitar effects pedal (originally for my guitar, but works like a charm 4 me bass) and wanted to buy a Zoom 506II Multi Effects Bass Pedal. Well, here is the beef: i don`t know if i`m gonna be able to link`em at once and mix the effects. I`m relatively new to bass playin and i`ve seen tis with the Danelectro and DOD stompboxes, so i thought i was gonna be able to do it.
    thanks anyway!!
    Up the Irons!!!!!!!!!!!
    :bassist:

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Just plug them together as if you're linking effects pedals. Bass >> Multi Effect 1 >> Multi Effect 2 >> Amp.

3. cliff harris

cliff harris

Jul 18, 2003
    Lima, Peru
    yeah, i know, but how? thru 1 of the output thingys?

Up The Irons!!!!!!!!! :bassist:

4. i'm afraid i don't understand your question.. are you trying to hook both effect pedal up in a chain?

5. cliff harris

cliff harris

Jul 18, 2003
    Lima, Peru
    Yup, that`s it

Up The Irons!!!!!!!!!!!! :bassist:

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    the output of effect 1 goes into the input of effect 2.

7. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Choose one of the multis to be first (there is no right or wrong here, but you may find you like the sound of the Zoom before the Boss, or the Boss before the Zoom, try it both ways to see what you like) plug your bass into the first effect box in the chain, then run a cable from the output of the first effect box to the input of the second effect box, run a cable from the output of the last effect box into your amp, play.

It's all right to mix different brands of pedals together. I've got three stompboxes and they are all made by different companies.

8. cliff harris

cliff harris

Jul 18, 2003
    Lima, Peru
    thanx dudes!!! u been big help!! kudos to u
    Up The Irons!!!!! :bassist: