1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Linking Genz Shuttle with Mark Bass Traveler

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Richard Benson, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Hi Folk: I have a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0, and the separate 12 inch speaker with a very short Spekon cable that fuses directly into the speaker's housing. I want to incorporate the Mark Bass 2x10 Traveler into the rig. It is listed at 8 Ohms, and has two Spekon connections in the back, but no switch to go from 8 to 4 Ohms. Can I feed the MB Traveler directly from the Shuttle's 2nd output, keeping the 12" speaker line attached as well, or will this cause damage due to possible lowered resistance (8 to 4?). Please help.
    Richard B.

2. I’ll page the man himself: @agedhorse

Welcome to Talk Bass. You might want to fill out your profile so we all know more about you. This information enables us to help you better. :D

3. Omega Monkey

Omega Monkey

Mar 8, 2015
    You dont need a switch. The amp circuit does its thing based on whatever load it sees. Usually only tube amps have a switch or different jacks depending on speaker load.

4. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    The Shuttle's minimum impedance rating is 4 ohms. As long as the 12" is also 8 ohms, you should be good.

BadExample likes this.
  5. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
  6. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    If your extension speaker is 8 ohms, then that plus the internal speaker will result in a 4 ohm load to the amp which is fine.

The owner's manual is available as a download from the Genz Benz website, I encourage you to review the section on the speaker output.

7. Thank you all. I will review the owner's manual. Much appreciated.