Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Links to online string places

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I'm surprised this wasn't a sticky. Couldn't find anything in a search either.

I know of juststrings.com, but they don't have what I'm looking for in stock. please tell me of all the possible string places and any thoughts you might have regarding your experience with them.

www.juststrings.com is great, my only peave is they'll take your order whether the strings are in stock or not. coupla times I ordered several sets and only got the ones they had in stock. they sent the others free of shipping charges but I had to wait. I like that the strings come 2 days after I order them. I also realized I could call to see if the strings I want are in stock. they were really friendly and helpful.

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Not sure what exactly you're looking for, but I buy mine (usually LaBellas) through www.bassguitarstrings.com.

4-5 purchases from them, no problems at all....

No, I'm not associated with them in any way, just relating experience....

3. Here's a spot I used to get my Elixirs from:
    http://www.stringdeals.com/index.asp
    Allthough their prices have increased, they were fast and give a price break on more than 1 set.
    Dirk

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    oh yeah, that will defintely save me money on strings when i get elixirs.

now only if they sold single sets.

5. tappel

tappel

May 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Actually, that is not unusual. For example, and in the case of my store, I list *flatwound* 5 string double ball end strings. In 2 years I've sold one set, so it's hardly practical to carry them in inventory. Yet, when a customer *does* order such an item, I'm able to ship it within 48 hours (I'm in a geographically ideal location for such a business - lots of string makers are here in the North East; just an overnight shipment in most cases).

Just something to keep in mind the next time you order an oddball item.

Tom

6. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I like juststrings.com but theses guys are pretty cool too.

http://bassguitarstrings.us

I've bought from them a few times and always had a good experience. Plus I think that their prices are pretty good.

7. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
  8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    www.mymusicstuff.com has the best prices for TI strings I've found online. And, reasonable shipping, too.