Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by emre03, Dec 2, 2003.

1. emre03

Sep 18, 2000
    I'm in the process of designing mods for my bass and designing a custom bass for myself, but i realized i have to know more about preamps and pickpos in order to make good designs. I'm not a complete newbie but i need some advenced information about pickups and electronics, passive/active taps, multi-coil tones, apetures, tone variations that placement of the pickup create..... Basically info from a newbie level to an expert level abour pickups and electroincs. I've been searching the forum but there are no straight and solid answers to questions, I know that there are really no solid answers but saying it all varies doesn't give me any information at all.
    I'd really apriciate it if you'd be kind enough to post some links.
  2. emre03

Sep 18, 2000
    Thanks...any more links anyone????
    Nice smiley by the way :) but i don't like döner that much :p
  3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Go to the following link, select the "Links" section and then go to the "Pickups" section of that page. There is a link there to David King's description of pups and preamps.
  4. emre03

Sep 18, 2000
    Thanks xyllion, but i allready read that page, some more links please, i'd really apriciate any links about pickup and electronic tech, and about tones. And active-passive advanced issues (ie: passive pu-active preamp tones...)
  5. Have you run a search on here? A heck of a lot of stuff has been talked about in the past, and you'll possibly find that there's the links you're looking for. Google's also pretty good.

Josh D